Video Module X68030 Schematics

Started by costa, September 28, 2014, 05:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

costa

Hi guys.

Is this schematics available somewhere ? - X68030 RGB module (the daughter video board).
This module on my X68030 is dead, and as far as I could see, one of the aluminium cap has leaked.
I have removed them all already, and will replace by electrolitics caps instead.

However, the capacitor that leaked also destroyed one of the legs on the pcb, so no way to solder anything there - I will need to add a bridge or something like that... and need the schematics to know where the cap connects to.

The cap is the C410.

Picture:

eidis

Hi Costa !

QuoteHowever, the capacitor that leaked also destroyed one of the legs on the pcb, so no way to solder anything there - I will need to add a bridge or something like that... and need the schematics to know where the cap connects to.

Please look closely at the area of the destroyed leg on the pcb. There is a light green trace going away from it. Carefully scrape some of it off, near the destroyed leg, and it will reveal a copper trace which will allow you to solder capacitor leg to it.

In case you still need the schematics, check out page 79 of the following service manual.

X68030 Service Manual
http://nfggames.com/x68000/Schematics/CZ-147%20-%20X68030%20Service%20Manual/CZ-147%20-%20X68030%20Service%20Manual.pdf

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

costa

Eidis,

Your were right again, I found the track:

I will try to get a cap glued to this tiny track tomorrow morning, and  update here status.
I hope the only problem with the module were the caps.
:)

Thanks a lot, man.

caius

This trace goes clearly to diode 'D401' in SO23 package.

costa

Yes, could follow the track after Eidis advice... I will get better with this given enough time. :)

Problem is that it is also a SMD component - tiny, so I will try to solder on the track first... if that fails I go to D401.

eidis

Hi Costa !

Use nail varnish after soldering to cover up the exposed copper trace. It will provide protection against oxidation and rust.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

costa

well thought, I was going to miss this...
will do it, thanks.

costa

Success, guys.

the module was repaired successfully, just tested and it worked on the X68030.
Yeeh!
:)

thanks for the tips.

X-Col

eidis

Hi Costa !

Congrats ! Challenge next ;)

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

costa

Don't ask for more, because you can't guess how many are on the way...
I like sharing it here, it helps me solve the problems, and also creates a history that hopefully will help someone with same problems someday.
8)

costa

By the way, the smd caps have different ways of specifying their values.
I have prepared a list of all caps on the X68030 daughter board,but some I don't clearly understand the specifications.

C233 - 10 16S 328
C207 - 28 R47 50v
C238 - B4 47 16v

What those numbers mean (specially C233) ? It is direct mapping to actual values or should I consult some sort of table?

eidis

Hi Costa !

The attached picture should explain C233

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis