News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Help Needed Please

Started by swisstoni, September 03, 2014, 06:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swisstoni

After finally getting my Sharp up and running with an external SCSI hard drive and months of happy gaming ive suddenly hit a problem. For some reason the SCSI external drive (with Aztec Monster and CF card) would no longer autoboot into the V4 Image menu and ive altered nothing and even tried to rewrite the image to the CF card, if I used a masterdisk I could boot into DOS and access the drive and boot games that way but im unsure as to why it would stop autobooting when its obviously working?! In the last few minutes ive tried to boot again but now the masterdisk doesn't boot in either drive and im getting the error message in the picture below, any help would be appreciated.

caius

Quote from: swisstoni on September 03, 2014, 06:03:01 AM
After finally getting my Sharp up and running with an external SCSI hard drive and months of happy gaming ive suddenly hit a problem. For some reason the SCSI external drive (with Aztec Monster and CF card) would no longer autoboot into the V4 Image menu and ive altered nothing and even tried to rewrite the image to the CF card, if I used a masterdisk I could boot into DOS and access the drive and boot games that way but im unsure as to why it would stop autobooting when its obviously working?! In the last few minutes ive tried to boot again but now the masterdisk doesn't boot in either drive and im getting the error message in the picture below, any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
the japanese message means that you have trouble with one (or both) FDDs.X68000 machines must see both floppy drives in order to properly boot from SCSI.I (and many X6000 users) have this problem quite often.Usually it depends from bad flat cable but could be also due FDD capacitors.That's why I remove completely FDDs from my CompactXVI and installed an SD HxC floppy emulator.
Anyway, check the  FDD flat cables (or ribbon ones, I don't remenber if you have Compact or tower model) and replace capacitors.Keep us informed.

swisstoni