Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

6 buttons issue

Started by sakaiza91, August 01, 2014, 11:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakaiza91

Hi,

When I plug this controller in this , the X,Y and Z buttons don't work  :( 
Do I need to get another genesis controller or craft myself a converter like in this thread http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4415.0 ?

Opethian

do you have the CPS adaptor in 6 button mode (there is a 2 button mode)

and only some games support that adaptor other than SFII' and SSF2T

sakaiza91

yes it must be in 6 buttons mode since I've at least A,B and C working. I'm in Super Street Fighter 2 with the CPS-MD mode enabled but the 3 punches (X,Y and Z) don't work. I'm a bit disappointed because when I want to play without making too much noise the joypad is very useful. Did anyone succeed to have a 6 buttons genesis joypad working with the cps adapter? Maybe is it meant to work only with the joystick? I don't know...

SuperDeadite

Any 6 button MD pad should work fine with that adapter, assuming the switch is set to 6 button mode.  In 2 button mode it works with every game I've tried.  Note that for the SFs you also need to go into the options menu and enable all 6 buttons, it defaults to 2 button mode regardless of what controller is plugged in.

You can also use a very simple adapter, such as the Chelnov adapter, with the SFs as well, works fine in 6 button mode as well.  I've only ever used legit MD pads though, your replacement pad might have something different on the inside.

Neshek

Those pads are as cheap as they're fragile.
Got a couple of them and one of them is already dead after a few uses. Noise in the connector, certainly pins are broken.

Try to get it tested on a megadrive just to be sure. :)

sakaiza91

Thank you all for the answers  :)
I've opened the pad and you're right, I've never seen a cheaper pcb... So I'm going to look for a genuine sega joypad.
                                      Thank you again.