Couple of gaming questions

Started by wildo2ne, June 19, 2014, 06:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildo2ne

is Ghouls and Ghosts only 15khz?

Does Strider require a HDD? It tries to load a scsi driver and then gives me an error of abort, retry, or ignore

eidis

Hi Wildo2ne !

Daimakaimura supports 15khz and 31khz which can be changed in Options by adjusting CRT Mode.

Strider runs happily from floppies on a 2MB system. Just to be safe, you can delete the line which loads SCSI driver in the config.sys

P.S. It could be a bad sector on the floppy disk.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

wildo2ne

crt mode? in the game or by using switch?

eidis

In the game.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

BlueBMW

Some games you have to navigate blindly to change resolution.  Strider and diamakamura are two such games.  Check this page out for some tips.

http://vintagecpu.wordpress.com/2010/12/31/switching-resolution-for-x68000-vga/

Opethian

I think its safe to say all Capcom games default to 15khz

that's a good link bmw!

wildo2ne

is there any documentation on how to switch from 15khz to 31khz on games? the link on the documentation page is dead

eidis

wildo2ne

Any thoughts why some games like Street Figter and Ghouls and Ghosts that should be defaulting to 31khz are dropping to 15khz? and any idea on how to get them to display on 31khz?

eidis

Hi Wildo2ne !

All X68000 Capcom games are arcade ports which originally run at 15kHz but can be switched to 31kHz by waiting for the game to load, going into Options menu and changing CRT MODE. You can practice it by loading the game in emulator. One exception is Super Street Fighter II where CRT MODE can be defined in SP200.CNF and SP230.CNF file.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis

Opethian

get an XPC4 man and be done with it  8)

Nelsinho

Hi, wildo2ne

After load Ghouls N Ghosts,  press this Keys slowly:

X1   M   X1    M(four times)   K  (until image appear)

I hope help you !

Nelsinho.

wildo2ne

Thank you for the post, I did finally get it working. The only game I could not get to display was Street Fighter 2, I just got unsupported resolution and nothing I did could get it to 31khz