Etoile princes sharp x68000

Started by k.h., June 08, 2014, 04:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.h.

Etoile princes sharp x68000 - how many stages does this game have? For some reason i cant save the game, though i made an user disc. I saved once, but i cant choose another save slot ...

eidis

Hi K.h !

Please take my words with a grain of salt. Judging by some YouTube videos and the file names and sizes the Fail Land is divided into three cloud islands and every one of them has four stages. So the total amount of stages could be twelve. Are you running the game from floppy or HDD ? The save game feature does not work in HDD version but it will allow to load existing save games. You could play the game from floppy, make a separate save game for each island and then import it into the HDD version. Please share your save game so that others can enjoy a semi saving Etoile Princesse as well.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

k.h.

Ah, Ok. Since there was a save option displayed, i thought that you could save after each level. So its after each Island....

Thanks for the help :)

eidis

You can save after each level, but only if the game is being played from floppy disks.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

k.h.

oh, ok. well, it  does not save at all. i  try will make a few user disks for each island as you mentioned before

caius

We could mount a disk image with 2HDSIM and see if it's possibile to save states.I think it can work.

eidis

This games floppies use EX-DOS which is not exactly Human68k and a driver from Geaograph Seal called FEXDRV.X is required for this game to work. I tried your proposed method with simdisk, 2hdsim and even subst but that did not help. The mounted floppy is not recognized. Someone needs to play this game from floppy and make a save after every three stages. Then we could try to import it to the HDD version.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis