PS2 dance-mat modification

Started by Colonel Red, April 04, 2004, 10:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Red

Since there are no solid mats available for Xbox, I recently bought this Burn Star dance-mat, along with a PS2-Xbox adapter. It seems these adapters don't work too well and cause a delay, which obviously doesn't do justice to my dancing skill (ahem).

I wondered if it was possible to modify the mat with internal workings from an Xbox controller; is this easy (or even possible) to do? Any advice would be appreciated!

NFG

It's really easy.  Just open it up and find out where the wires from each switch come from, and replace the PSX encoder with an XBox one.  You will need to sacrifice an xbox pad for the purpose, but it's a relatively easy job.

Colonel Red

I assumed that would be the case but it's best to check, eh? Thanks for that, I'll post back when it's done!

Colonel Red

This is looking quite daunting actually, for someone not accustomed to soldering and that. Can anyone give me some instructions based on these pictures please? Sorry to be such a n00b, I really don't know what I'm looking for. :(

Xbox controller - back

Xbox controller - front

Dance mat

phreak97

i can help you with it.. you can contact me most days on msn or aim.. i pm'd you my addresses for those..

ttyl