XM6g not booting off SCSI HD images

Started by H68k, December 14, 2013, 06:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H68k

Ok... I don't know what's causing this... or why it's doing it. But for some reason, I can't get the latest version of XM6g to boot off a SCSI HD image while it's in X68k mode.

If it's set to emulate a '030, it will boot off a HD image fine. but when set back to stock X68 mode. it will no longer boot off any HD image with an OS on it, I put in the list of SCSI devices.

I'm using a copy of the same SCSI ROM file that's worked fine with the last version of XM6g, before GIMONs added the 030 stuff.

Is this a bug with the current XM6g or do I need a different SCSI ROM file for it to work in again X68k mode? 

neko68k

I didn't have to change anything. Of course, there are the additional ROMs: ROM30.DAT and IPLROM30.DAT. It also created SRAM30.DAT, which I did not replace with my existing SRAM, nor vice versa. I assumed they may be different in some meaningful way. I don't remember doing anything else. ~shrug~

H68k

After a couple of hours whacking my proverbial head on the desk.. and spitting mild profanity under my breath... I've finely found a way of getting XM6g to boot off SCSI HD images while in X68k mode.

To get this to work, you'll need a copy of the external SCSI ROM (scsiexrom) in the same folder as the XM6g exe.

First off, you'll have to boot off of a floppy disk image of Human68k and use the switch utility to set the boot device to the SCSI ID of the device you want to boot off, that's in the SCSI chain (lets say... SCSI0).

Then set the SCSI interface option to external under SCSI tab in the options window...  XM6g should now boot off whatever SCSI device ID you've set with the switch utility after restarting it while in X68k mode.

You can get it to boot off floppy disk images again, while in X68k mode by setting the SCSI interface back to internal while it's set to emulate a stock X68k.

neko68k

Seems like something is wrong with your system. Mine boots just fine in either 000/030 mode with STD boot and internal SCSI. Maybe your SRAM is corrupted or your SCSI ROM's are bad or something.