News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

FM Towns problems

Started by saturndual32, September 30, 2013, 11:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saturndual32

Hello guys.
I just bought a non working FM TOWNS system, its the original model. The seller told me that he tried to adapt a regular PC floppy drive to the TOWNS and ended up messing the unit. The unit was working fine before that, he says. Now it doesnt show anything on the monitor, and it seems like its not booting up. But the PSU fan and the lights on the control panel all work. Also the laser lens seems to be trying to read, but the motors dont move at all.

So it seems like the PSU is powering up the control panel, but not the mother board. I opened up the PSU and found the 2200 mf cap to be leaking, and replaced it, but the system keep acting the same way.
Do you guys have any suggestions?, i have very little technical knowledge and skill.

Anyway, i am still considering getting a working TOWNS later on, so if this one doenst work, at least i got a TOWNS mouse with it, and will have some spare parts. The thing ended up costing me 100 dollars, and even though it doesnt work, it looks cool next to the rest of my collection, hehe.

Thanks in advance.