Keyboard input questions

Started by Ralnir, June 20, 2013, 11:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralnir

EDIT: Figured it out via an EX68 BBS thread from back in '97. All one has to do is hold CTRL and hit XF1 to bring up the FEP.
Now I can finally rest at ease.
---
Perhaps one of you chaps could help me out on an issue I've been having.

I've been scouring through any sort of data I can get my hands on, both in English and Japanese, on how to convert kana to kanji. If I'm totally honest, up to this point I had absolutely no need whatsoever with that. But curiosity has gotten the better of me once more, and now that I can't figure out how to do it, I simply cannot let it go. I've never really worked with a Japanese-style keyboard before all of this, especially not for a retro computer. All I've figured out thus far is that using roma mode is far more intuitive to use than kana mode, though not as fast. Perhaps the secret to conversion of kana to kanji is that mysterious "code" key? All it seems to do is beep at me, though.
In my searching, I have seen a picture of how it looks when the conversion is happening, so I likely would have known if I had blindly stumbed upon it by pure happenstance prior to making this thread. Please help me.

BlueBMW

kamiboy