[Sega Saturn] Switchless Mod HELP!!

Started by jcarvalho, February 08, 2013, 06:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcarvalho

Hi guys! I have a PAL  saturn, done (followed exactly all pics and instructions removed jumper 8 like the pic also) the switchless mod, and have a modchip... Now my console doesnt accept original PAL and US copys and speaks japonese... verified with multimeter and all the wiring is working... help please!!!
The only thing that I didn't do was soldering a wire in the pin nÂș6 of a chip (just guessing the pin number) because the wire disapears where an arrow is pointing to the next visual help.
Many thanks,
Jorge

PS: Small update, when reseting the console the crt tv goes to 16:9 mode, when switch on tv to 4:3 mode using remote, I could load an US title, but can't load original or backup copies from PAL games
What am I doing wrong? Need help please.
The photo shows the jumpers before removing them

KillingBeans

Are you talking about the mod with the 74HC157?

I think that mod is only meant to be made on JP consoles as a simplified "American" switchless mod. It makes the machine normally boot as JP, but as US if you press the reset button (or vice versa). The "real" switchless mod involves a programmed PIC processor and lets you switch between all three region using the reset button.

jcarvalho

Many thanks for your kind help.... Reading the tutorial once more there is only one conclusion... you are 100% right. I ordered the PIC IC to do the "real" mod including the 50/60Hz mod all switchless. Just wating for the IC arrives and will send it to a friend to program it...

Once more, many thanks for your kind help!
Jorge

Fix_Metal

Quote from: jcarvalho on February 26, 2013, 11:11:01 AM
Many thanks for your kind help.... Reading the tutorial once more there is only one conclusion... you are 100% right. I ordered the PIC IC to do the "real" mod including the 50/60Hz mod all switchless. Just wating for the IC arrives and will send it to a friend to program it...

Once more, many thanks for your kind help!
Jorge
That mod is kickass, go for it!