XM6 emulator and .MOS files

Started by caius, July 23, 2012, 06:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caius

Hi all,
I recently got a 230MB MO drive (a Fujitsu FMO-640W) with HumanOS installed.I read the drive (connecting it to an Adaptec AHA-2940AU SCSI controller card) and create na image of it using WinImage software on Windows XP and renaming it 'MO.MOS' (it's the extension recognized by XM6 emulator).Non I'm trying to mount this image on XM6 in order to boot from it but without success.Which is the right procedure?I mounted it as SXSI and SCSI image but it doesn't boot from it.

P.S.
I opened the image with DiskExplorer and there are two partitions, the first smaller with all HumanOS files and the second bigger which is empty.

eidis

Hi Caius !

Don't be greedy and give us a link to the image so that we can join the fun ;)

Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

caius

Hi Eidis,
this is the image file compressed into .rar archive ( btw very massive compression, from 230MB to 483KB because second partition is empty):

http://www.mediafire.com/?nxpcf9dj9dz5cfl

eidis

Hi !

The MO and SCSI HDD use the same file system. I renamed your image to mo.hds and successfully booted from it with XM6 v2.06 Just mount it as a regular SxSI or SCSI image. There are two partitions. System, which has Human OS and Data, which is empty. Image file must be 228518400 bytes long if you want to mount it in XM6's MO Drive. Your image contains 228518912 bytes. Chop off the excess and it should mount.

Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.