News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Memory XSIMM10

Started by RKLOK, April 06, 2012, 11:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKLOK

Hi guys,

I got an X68000 machine and a XSIMM10 board.
I want to run the nemesis '90 game but it doesnt work.

Can anyone help me with the dipswitch settings of the memory board??
(all 4 banks are filled)

Thanks!

SuperDeadite

First what kind of machine do you have?  Nemi 90'Kai will run perfectly fine with 2mbs of RAM.  You will get better sound by using pcm4, but this requires 4mbs of ram AND have a 16mhz or faster CPU.

If Nemi won't boot at all, then you probably only have 1mb of RAM internally.  You can't upgrade a 1mb machine with an IO slot board only.  You must have 2mb internal first.

Also this assumes your disks actually work.  Are you using an original copy?  That game has strong copy protection,  if you are using a disk writer, try a different image, some of them were hacked to remove the protection.

And finally the X68k has to be told how much RAM it actually has.  This information is stored in SRAM by battery.  If you have a computer with 2mbs internally, then your battery is probably dead.  Replace it, then boot with system disk and run "switch.x"  here you can tell the system how much RAM it has.  Just sticking RAM into an X68k won't do anything.

eidis

X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

RKLOK

I have a X68000 expert HD
I thought it had standard 2MB onboard, but it does not run 2MB games

Will one of these 2 memoryboards work on this machine :

SuperDeadite

The Expert HD has 2mb internal.  Boot with a system disk and run switch.x, tell the system how much ram it has, save, reset and it should work. 
Most likely your SRAM battery is dead and needs to be changed so the system can remember how much ram it has.  You can't just stick a ram board in, you must set ram in switch.   Both of those RAM boards will work on any machine with 2mbs internal.

Opethian

Quote from: RKLOK on June 04, 2012, 11:13:31 PM
I have a X68000 expert HD
I thought it had standard 2MB onboard, but it does not run 2MB games

Will one of these 2 memoryboards work on this machine :

hey sell me one of these boards :D

RKLOK

Quote from: SuperDeadite on June 05, 2012, 01:06:24 AM
The Expert HD has 2mb internal.  Boot with a system disk and run switch.x, tell the system how much ram it has, save, reset and it should work. 
Most likely your SRAM battery is dead and needs to be changed so the system can remember how much ram it has.  You can't just stick a ram board in, you must set ram in switch.   Both of those RAM boards will work on any machine with 2mbs internal.

Thanks man! will try that....

RKLOK

Quote from: RKLOK on June 08, 2012, 11:41:54 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on June 05, 2012, 01:06:24 AM

Thanks man! will try that....

Works perfectly!! thanks very much