lens swapping on saturn

Started by ORTA, March 20, 2004, 02:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ORTA

I've got a 21-32 pinchip american black saturn (in good condition) and a 21-64 pinchip japanese white saturn (defective lens only) I'd like to swap the lens of the black one to the white one, do you think it's okay? I don't want to jeopardice the lens of the black one that's why I'm asking first before doing it! :)  

Agentspikey95

if you do, it will mst likely read little or no data, plus the lens does all kinds of freaky junk. can't you just get a new drive? or swap them? arren't the drives exactly yhe same?
Why are you reading this?

Lesmot

I think the Agent is right about just trying to swap the drives. I would throw a mod switch on the Japanese board and use the white Saturn case with the working lens and drive, not really because it would be more easy, it would be more cool-better-fun! If you don't want to go to the trouble, even though it's not that hard to do, just swap the drives instead. Word. . . spring break ! ! ! the ends  :P  
Hey there, fancy pants!

ORTA

Well the drives aren't thesame, because the the jap has 21-64 pinchip and the american has 21-32 pinchip. Anyway, I tried  The Agent's &  Lesmot's opinion to just swap it and the result isn't very nice  <_<  thanks for the reply guys! :)  

Agentspikey95

why, what happened? Something blow? i've never heard anything about "pinchip, but from what i read, both drives/boards/everything else are exactly the same.

ORTA

Nothing blows up but I think the jap motherboard is picky. First I took out the defective lens of the jap saturn then I placed the lens assembly of the american saturn into the jap saturn and turned it on, what happened was it brings me to the main cd menu and the 2 squares in the sides of the menu turned big round orange balls and it doesn't sound right because when i clicked the buttons to play games it doesn't load & there's this what you call a "WOW" sound instead of a chime sound, you know! the sound turned out to be like a voice of an ORC instead of a chipmunk ;)  

Lesmot

Make a switch on the Japanese board with the working Japanese drive and pretty white case, it would be "dope." I heard that somewhere. Oh, and add a lot of blue leds, like, EVERYWHERE.
Hey there, fancy pants!

ORTA

To mr.Lesmot:
been there, done that!!
no effect
anymore ideas? :blink:  

Agentspikey95

the only thing i can think of is to buy a replacement JAP drive off of lik-sang or an online game parts store.

ORTA

Thanks anyway! I'll just save it for spare parts  :(