A public shaming

Started by NFG, March 18, 2004, 04:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

This is a public shaming of ZipZapPro, who uploaded a 91k avatar to my server, which has been viewed 68 times by members of these forums.  

He's used my server to host this image for a few other forums where he posts a lot more than the 12 messages he's posted here.

This month alone his 91k animated dancing-boy GIF has sucked 388MB out of my server through over 4,000 viewings on other sites.

I've replaced his image with one of my own choosing.  When he finds another host for his other forums I'll stop screwing up his life.  

^ here's your new avatar for all your forums, zipzap.  Hope you like it.

Millartime

"Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve" - Trent Reznor

Agentspikey95

91K? zipzap, what the hell are you smoking? Haven't you ever heard of

BANDWIDTH

what is bandwidth by the way?
Why are you reading this?

Endymion

Don't you think you're being a little kind? Repace the mutoid with a middle finger, at least.

ORTA

Yes a middle finger would be good enough if you show it right in front of zipzuck's face :P  :P  

atom

very creative my good friend
i woulda made a speech bubble that says ZIPZAP IS GAY
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Agentspikey95

at this hour this is the bes ti can do, so i hope it's whats being looked for

NFG

We're not all fourteen year olds around here, let's try not to abuse the word 'gay' like there's anything wrong with it, ok?  Leave that kind of talk in church.  ;)

Agentspikey95

ZipZapPro

geez! C'mon, it's a simple forum picture! I like that picture too so I leave it! :lol: Sorry! You could have at least TOLD me! <_<  

Agentspikey95

the point is,  be considerate. Lawrence is paying for the wbspace and banwith your avatar took up. not you. if you want it up, get your own host.

NFG

ZipZap: I have no trouble with people hosting images for use on other forums, there are at least two other users doing it now.  My problem was with the extreme size of the image (and, it must be said, the questionable subject matter of the image...  ;)

And a public bashing is a lot more fun, don't you think?  

Spikey: I can fight my own battles, don't you worry.  When it comes to bashing the users (without whom I'd be a lonely, hollow shell) I am very capable on my own.

Agentspikey95

Excuse me for just saying something to him.

ZipZapPro

QuoteZipZap: I have no trouble with people hosting images for use on other forums, there are at least two other users doing it now.  My problem was with the extreme size of the image (and, it must be said, the questionable subject matter of the image...  ;)

And a public bashing is a lot more fun, don't you think?  

Spikey: I can fight my own battles, don't you worry.  When it comes to bashing the users (without whom I'd be a lonely, hollow shell) I am very capable on my own.
Okay, I'm sorry! It's just that stupid Geocities won't let me use any images on my site as an avatar. <_< Plus yeah, it is fun yelling at people!

Lesmot

You guys are so cute!  :lol:  
Hey there, fancy pants!

ORTA

Oh!! someone learned his lesson well :P  :D  :P