PC PS/2 keyboard and mouse converter to X68000

Started by eidis, October 06, 2011, 02:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want one and how much were you willing to pay for it ?

20$
9 (36%)
40$
7 (28%)
60$
4 (16%)
80$
0 (0%)
No, I don't need one
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

wildo2ne

don't know if it is possible but what I would like to see is a small port changer that plugs into the keyboard and mouse ports, the problem I have always had with those types of connectors is the pins getting bent. It would be nice to do a small adapter that is unobtrusive enough to be left in all the time that converts to say usb or some custom connector that does not require pins.

MusicForLife

Any news on this project? I would need at least PS/2 converter for keyboard and I'm not handy enough to make one for myself.

Jehuty

I am searching for an Adapter too. Is there a way to get one ?

Jehuty

Ok no one to sell an adapter so i will try to rebuild one.

I choose the one from lydux with the ATMega - but where can i get the Firmware ready to Burn in the ATMega.
I don´t know how to compile software.
Is there a link to get the ready to use Firmware ?

repoMan

I suposse you already have the source, if not, check the X68000 file archive: PS2 to X68000 keyboard

Then follow a guide like this. Seems easy to follow :)

Maybe anyone still has the right binary ready to program....

Jehuty

So i soldered the ATMega on a PCB, but i can´t meassure anything on the Oscillator ?
I got the source Compiled and a friend compiled it too - now i have two different type of Hex files ?
And nothing works.
I am using a TL866 to programm the ATMega32 - how must i set the fuses and lockbit ?

Jehuty

I managed it to programm the ATMega with an USBASP - but nothing works.
Can anybody confirm that the ATMega Version will work ?

And what about the KBD_RX ? Isnt that used in this schematic ?

hoshikawa

I'd be more interested in a x68k to usb adapter, these keyboards are great! full mechanical with alps switches.

Jehuty

Jehuty

Could anyone tell me how to set the Lo and Hi Fuses for the ATMega32A ?

JulBS0

Hi Jehuty,

There are some online tools for configuring AVR fuse bits easily, like this one: http://www.engbedded.com/fusecalc/

In your case, you need the standard configuration, except that you want to use a high speed (8.0+ MHz) external crystal.

I am not familiar with this series of AVR micro controllers, but these values should work: Lo=0xCE, Hi=0x99.
This is for a high speed external crystal, with a startup time of 258 clocks + 4ms.
If it doesn't work, try to get a clock setting with a higher startup time.

Hope it helps.

Jehuty

amigo-mexicano

Quote from: BlueBMW on July 15, 2014, 02:03:54 AM
I got some premade boards from a guy on neo-geo forums.  Not sure how many he made but they do make assembly a lot easier than a generic project board.

Sorry for the necroposting... do you have the username of that user? I've been looking for the post or info about it, on the Neo-Geo forums, without luck.

Thanks in advance :)
From Mexico City... Amigo-Mexicano!
Also known as: "compil3r" || video-juegos.com