re: ps2 slim matrix (infinity) forced ntsc mode for pal games?

Started by imparanoic, July 19, 2011, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imparanoic

re: ps2 slim matrix (infinity) forced ntsc mode for pal games? via component video but not via composite

sorry, strictly not RGB subject.

I have curious question, i used to have an old 11 year old ntsc ps2 schp18000 with a early messiah mod chip which has always supoorted both pal and ntsc games by all methods, ie, composite, component, s video and rgb scart (thorugh a xrgb2 plus)  for games and ntsc only for dvds

now that i have an (i believe so) ntsc only scph70008 slim ps2 modded to matrix ( possibly infinity chip) which the manual states can not support pal signal on dvd and games, i tried with composite, unstable black and white distorted images for pal games and pal region 2 dvds, thus, not watchable, so i decided that I will use this for only ntsc games ( both us and jap/asian/hk, i only have singstar and buzz and mortal kombat and  few others in pal/95% games are ntsc) and ntsc dvd, presumed pal was not supported on this machine

but the curious thing, once i have used a component video via an hd box pro to 1080p, i realised that the images are in full colour stable images, the only difference, it seem a bit faster than 60fps ( not sure, played PAL mortal kombat triology, could be just the game and it seemed faster than arcade as someone gave it to me,  will test other games and dvd  tonight after work), is this forced ntsc mode? how can it be possible via component video and not composite,  would it work via rgb as well?