Little plastic things on N64 and GCN

Started by ZipZapPro, March 06, 2004, 07:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZipZapPro

I need some major help for anyone that may know! If you have seen an N64, you know in front where the controller ports are, there is a N64 sign covered by see through plastic. Does anyone know how to lift up the plastic so I can replace it! (It is basically the same thing on the Gamecube on top!) :D Thanks!

ZipZapPro

QuoteI need some major help for anyone that may know! If you have seen an N64, you know in front where the controller ports are, there is a N64 sign covered by see through plastic. Does anyone know how to lift up the plastic so I can replace it! (It is basically the same thing on the Gamecube on top!) :D Thanks!
I have some questions...
-How do I remove the plastic stuff to remove the N64 Symbol?
-Can you give my some custom consol links? Like, other sites!
-Is bumping allowed on this forum?
-Lastly, what does RTFM mean?

NFG

RTFM: Read The Manual

Bumping is discouraged, if anyone can and wants to answer they will.

As for removing the logo, if there are no holes inside you can push something through to pop it off try just prying it off from the side (GENTLY!) as it's likely just glued in.

There are no other game sites.  Just this one.  Nothing more will be spoken on this matter.  

Lesmot

I don't know about the GC, I haven't taken that apart yet. The logo on the front of the N64 is just glued on. There's two large holes underneath that you can push it off with from the other side. Making a new logo with the old one is hard because the logo is
painted on the back of the plastic with the glue over the top of that. I guess you could scrape or sand it off and then paint a new logo on, but it would be difficult to make it look clean. Or, you could fabricate a new one using plexi-glass and just put a sticker on the back of it, or paint it.  
Hey there, fancy pants!

DarkGlider

On the GameCube, when you open the lid there are 2 little clips underneath. If you pinch them and push them up through the lid the whole circle pops out of the top. I got the Metroid pack and it came with a Metroid display circle; which came with instructions.