List of mods for controllers...

Started by ZipZapPro, March 05, 2004, 06:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZipZapPro

Does anyone know what I can do for a PS2 or N64 controller? Like LEDs and things!

u need a special screwdriver called a gamebit driver to take the screws out of a nintendo, they are bloody hard to find but some online stores have them like parts express in the US. ( www.partsexpress.com )
they have the cheapest you will find them for.

NFG

The controllers don't use special screws.  SOME GameCube pads have tri-point screws like those on the GB series, but others seem to have normal philips screws (or a combination of both).

ZipZapPro

Agentspikey95

satandard phillips last time i checked, and you'd need to get a clear PS controller, shove the guts of a PS2 contoller in there, and go from there.
Why are you reading this?

ZipZapPro

Quotesatandard phillips last time i checked, and you'd need to get a clear PS controller, shove the guts of a PS2 contoller in there, and go from there.
No, I mean any mods, not how to open it!

Agentspikey95

that's what i meant, if you want a lighted controller, black plastic won't do you much good. :D i was suggesting a clear case, normal guts. then just shove some LED's in there and have fun. Anybody know where i can get clear genesis controllers?

ZipZapPro

Quotethat's what i meant, if you want a lighted controller, black plastic won't do you much good. :D i was suggesting a clear case, normal guts. then just shove some LED's in there and have fun. Anybody know where i can get clear genesis controllers?
Here is an idea...could I add an extra button. Let me explain....

The PS2 already has a D Pad like this

^
<   >
  V

Well what if I made some diagnol buttons. So when I press the Up/Left button, the PS2 reads it as me pressing the up and left button together. Does anyone catch my drift! <_<  

Agentspikey95

yes but to add buttins, you'd have to add a mechanical button that joins two different circuits at the same time.

atom

so do it, do your mod.

i dont understand why your asking people questions about how to do your ideas.
just do it!
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

ZipZapPro

Quoteso do it, do your mod.

i dont understand why your asking people questions about how to do your ideas.
just do it!
Well, I do the painting, my dad wires it but he uses schematics. So we wouldn't know how too... <_<  

Agentspikey95

HAHA, to get anywhere homie, you gon hafta learn how to do that yourself.

How old are you? 16 or somthing? i'm 13, i do my own painting, soldering, ordering of parts, and cutting.