32X issue with Sega CD

Started by cybersp78, April 02, 2011, 01:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cybersp78

Hello All,

I recently purchased a 32X complete in the box except for those electromagnetic clips which do not seem to be needed. I purchased Star Wars Arcade for the 32X and everything worked perfectly. Even the regular genesis cartridges played through the 32X worked great.

The problem came when I purchases Night Trap and Corpse Killer,  the 32X CD games. When trying to play them, I am having video issues. Even the Sega CD logo screen is messed up when I start the system. It's almost like missing a connection or something. After discovering this, I put in a regular sega cd game and I get the same problem. If I disconnect the 32X, the sega cd games play fine. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Could the problem be with the Sega CD or the 32X? Is there something that connects the two through the Genesis?

Thanks for your help.  I had posed this question on the Sega-16 forums and they couldn't answer it and referred me to here.  I did open up the 32X and even though the white ribbons were tight, I disconnected them and reconnected them and that didn't seem to help.