Turbo Duo-R no power

Started by yirmiahu72, March 30, 2011, 05:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yirmiahu72

So the other day my Turbo Duo-R just decided to up and quit on me. I went to turn it on and got nothing at all.

My first thought was to examine the power supply for a problem and in doing so I had noticed that the adapter was a 7.5V 2.0A. It had come with the Duo when I originally got it. I didn't even think to examine the adpater when I got it I just plugged it in and powered it on. It's a power supply for a PS One like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DIFV98/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00125O1OS&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05SP5YA9V94XF0Z0F2ZH

I have been using this for the past year or so, but not for long periods of playing maybe 15-20 min at a time.

I tested the power supply on a PS1 and it stiIl works.  Is it possible that the power supply is the problem since it's only 7.5 and the Duo requires 9.0?? Can you damage a system from less volts? I don't even have the bit to open the thing up to have a look inside. Should I just get a proper replacement adapter?

Midori

Too low voltage will not damage it, but it can prevent it from starting. Try a new power supply is my tip.

imparanoic

you need a power supply rated at 9.0v at 1500mah ( or more mah is fine)

People?

You can use a regular Mega Drive 2 power supply. It will work great. :)

You need to replace the power supply filter capacitors within the actual console. There are 2 1000uF caps that must be replaced.  There is also a big 470uF cap that provides juice to the CD-ROM which will also need to be replaced.