X68000 Games Sound but no visual what can I do about unsupported resolutions?

Started by Broken, March 27, 2011, 05:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken

Hi I have some games that seem to be booting into an unsupported resolution. I think from some games I've played 31kHz (VGA) resolution does seem to be quite common. Basically I was wondering if there was a way to get these games going visually in anyway? I heard some load into 15kHz, but can be switched? It could depend on the monitor? I haven't an original X68000 monitor. I wonder if those solved these kinds of issues more easily?

netwalka

Quote from: Hungkuen on March 27, 2011, 05:11:59 AM
Hi I have some games that seem to be booting into an unsupported resolution. I think from some games I've played 31kHz (VGA) resolution does seem to be quite common. Basically I was wondering if there was a way to get these games going visually in anyway? I heard some load into 15kHz, but can be switched? It could depend on the monitor? I haven't an original X68000 monitor. I wonder if those solved these kinds of issues more easily?

It differs from game to game.
If you really want to know, you can use PC emulator and memorize or note down the key sequences from the start to get to the option menu to change monitor output mode.(31khz↔15khz) Even when you are out of visual, you just can follow the key sequence note. Some sound effect may help to notice where you are in the sequences.

It feels like ridiculous to use emulator to know more about the real machine,  :-[ but hmmmm... without the proper 15khZ monitor with you, it's gonna help.
Not every game can get a 31KHz video output, but you can just try on the emulator. e.g.  I couldn't find the way to get Atomic Robo-Kid played at the 31KHz mode.
Then this kind of games need 15KHz monitor with SCART connector or some other.
Some games change video mode while it boots or plays not in the option menu ... like when you play "Chuka daisen", push F1 key while boot to get 31KHz video out.

This page may give you some clues.
http://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~debiddo/mygames.htm

You get more result about another games later, you can share those for other forum members.

Thanks for reading. ;D