Old TV Conversion to RGB. Locating H-SYNC and V-SYNC recommendations

Started by nogardeht, February 05, 2011, 05:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nogardeht

Hey All.
First, How're you?

I'm Diego, from Argentina, I work on the SAP Basis team of a big international company, and I have 21 years old.

Currently, I have expertise on O.S. and a little experience with hardware (and electronics).

Well, to put you in tune (I don't know if this expression is right, I mean, the intention to tell you "how I'm now", please, correct my expression if is wrong as I would like to improve my english  :) ).

Currently I'm on the middle of the project of putting an arcade on my bed room. I have read a lot, and started with this project 1 or 2 weeks ago. I have all the components, encoders, cab, pc, lights, bla bla bla, monitor, and this is the point where all my doubts came up.

My first idea was to use the TV via the composite output from the video card, but after reading a lot (more...) I found that, it's currently better than use a computer monitor, but it has nothing to do compared with an arcade monitor, so I found solutions via settings on the PC and adjusting sharpness on the TV. But after that, I found a really nice solution (And I'm sure that I'm not the first, and that you readed; and me too; a lot of posts on this forum), adding an RGB input on my TV.

So, at this point is where I have started to read a lot about TVs, about jungle ICS, about OSD ICs, and all that things that are commonly used to add RGB inputs.
As I was reading a lot, I found some explanations for my doubts when I started, for example, I wont be using my TV as a "TV" anymore, so I will "add" my RGB inputs at the outputs of the jungle IC, that one was the easy one :)

But my actual problem is the following:
Where should I "add" my H-SYNC and V-SYNC inputs?????
I have found an H-SYNC output on the jungle IC, so may I could add my input for my "H-SYNC" there, but I have not found where should I add my input for V-SYNC.

So, please, kindly you can help me to find where I should add my input for V-SYNC?

My TV is: Telefunken 1395

And the jungle is: TA8659CN (I have found only the datasheet for TA8659AN, but I assume they are kindly the same)

The pins I have found are:

pin 41: R Output
pin 42: G Output
pin 43: B Output
pin 39: H-SYNC output

And the tentative pins to add V-SYNC input are: 29 to 32

Well, thank you in advance and best regards!

nogardeht

What's your opinion about pin 29?

I was reading TA8759's datasheet, and I found that the use pin 29 as Vertical Output(Vertical Drive).

Do you think that I'm choosing the right pins???