compact XVI with ram expansion

Started by emerald danjon, January 30, 2011, 12:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emerald danjon

Hello all!,recently i installed a ram expansion in my "compact XVI",whit no idea the amount of memory the card have  :'(,i use human 2.0 and switch...and set in 4mb...,i try the game "mahoudaisakusen" because you know this game at start check the memory...and the game crashes...i do the same this time 6 mb and i try the game,this time the game recognizes 6 mb and works :o,ok i know is the worst noob way in the world and i accep the laughs  ::),my question is ¿is this method working or the game just start and maybe dont use the memory?,how you guys know what is the memory on a card?thanks and my apologices for my horrible english and my strange explanations.

netwalka

Quote from: gillianx68000 on January 30, 2011, 12:02:43 PM
Hello all!,recently i installed a ram expansion in my "compact XVI",whit no idea the amount of memory the card have  :'(,i use human 2.0 and switch...and set in 4mb...,i try the game "mahoudaisakusen" because you know this game at start check the memory...and the game crashes...i do the same this time 6 mb and i try the game,this time the game recognizes 6 mb and works :o,ok i know is the worst noob way in the world and i accep the laughs  ::),my question is ¿is this method working or the game just start and maybe dont use the memory?,how you guys know what is the memory on a card?thanks and my apologices for my horrible english and my strange explanations.

Hi, gillianx68000

Let me see... What is your "ram expansion" board's model name?

We know how much ram that ram board have by model name.

And picture of the board will help.

Basically compact xvi have 2mb ram on the main board.

Total memory size  would be 2mb + your ram expansion board's ram size.

You can check total memory size available, simply by typing "memfree" at the Human68k's prompt.

Super street fighter requires 4mb of ram.  If it works, you have at least 4mb or ram  ;D

emerald danjon

hello all,thanks netwalka for this command "memfree",knew that the compact series comes with 2 mb,but no idea of knowing what the cards bring...,RAM EXPANSION NAME:KGB-PRK II BASIC HOUSE, leave a photo:

looks like the card have a copro,at least I made it work,thanks for the reply!