master system joypad reset button and alt pause button method

Started by bigsanta, September 29, 2010, 06:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsanta

An alternative way of doing the joypad pause button mod,by only wiring one of the joypad's directions to an added small momentary push button that is installed in the joypad (as in the guide below),instead of two.( It just means you hold a direction and then press and release the switch).As found here

http://www.smspower.org/Development/JoypadPauseButton

And also a way of having a reset button on your joypad ,again,using a quad NOR gate IC..

Install/attach the NOR gate IC as per the OP's method in the guide above,or just wire it up and attach some double sided tape onto the top of the quad  NOR gate IC and flip it upside down and stick it down onto another of the sms's IC's.

LED's can be added with a few extra components ,if there is a need. Any mistakes,please let me know.

Note that this mod is done on an early version of the sms,from 1986/87,so can't verify it's use on later models of the console.

MockyLock

Hello
I know this thread is veEery old but i would like to try this mod, and there is something i don't understand.i'm not electronician, i hope you'll understand my explanations. And i hope someone will answer me. There is :

I will use for the exemple the green wiring.
1UP and 1DN feed one gate. Why do this gate feed another gate ? Why don't we connect the first gate "out" to the switch ? the first gate is rerouted to the second that anyway will give the same signal, willn't ?
And it's the same scheme for the second use (RESET)

Could you please explain this to me ?
Thank you very much !