My bad experience on this forum. (The Rogue)

Started by Daimakaimura, September 15, 2010, 06:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daimakaimura

Hi friens,
In primis, I have to say that I love this forum. But there are a bad experience that I need to explain you, since I have spent some money with swindle, theft from an active user. Hi is "The Rogue". Six months ago I pay about 40 dollars to him for having some legal copies (dumped on real 51/2 disks) of homebrew games like cha cha cha and others. He asked me to pay in advance, then I charged him 40 by paypal. Then, he disappeared.
It's not a money problem. But I have just to inform you of the facts.
Now, are there some honest users that can make for me this copy operation? Since I'm not able to dump games over the internet (I don't have the 51/2 disk drive to make this), are someone of you able to copy for me some of this games, with paying all the occurring money?

NFG

I'm sorry you had trouble dealing with this person.

Sadly this forum doesn't support game copying as a rule, so you might not have much luck finding someone to help you out here.

Daimakaimura

Quote from: Lawrence on September 15, 2010, 07:30:13 PM
I'm sorry you had trouble dealing with this person.

Sadly this forum doesn't support game copying as a rule, so you might not have much luck finding someone to help you out here.
Thank you for the reply.
However, have you any suggestions to find some help, either via PM?

NFG

Not really.  I checked his account, he hasn't posted since January.  Was last online July 23rd.  No one else uses his IP.

netwalka

Daimakaimura
Hi~
Before suggest some kind of solution, I have question.
Do you have a external or internal HDD or Zip/Jaz/Mo drive connected to x68000?
If it is available, you can write disk image (*.xdf) just thru x68000's own 5 1/4" fdd.
You can find 2hdsim.zip some where on the internet and 2HDSIM.zip file contains mkimg.x file, too.
This mkimg.x can restore *.xdf image to real floppy disk(inserted to x68000's FDD)
So, as a premise, you need a disk image(*.xdf)  that is stored in HDD, Zip/Jaz/Mo drive.

p.s sorry for the broken English...

JackLeather

Sad, really sad.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you.

You have a few options; i have a dedicated pc thats got a 1.2mb 51/2 inch drive. i have win98 installed. the total setup cost about £30. its an old compaq pc that cost £20. i have had issues with writing some disk images but most work. Also not all 1.2mb floppy drives work but i am sure we can do a poll here for the ones that do.

You could also look out for SCSI to IDE adpater. then you can write Eidis' HD image and connect it up. see recent posts for this.

good luck and may all scammers get scammed.
X68000 ACE-HD, 4Mb RAM, ATX PSU (internal). Cyber Stick. Keyboard. Mouse. Monitor. ACARD AEC-7720U SCSI-IDE with 1Gb compact flash.