News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Genesis 2 Mod

Started by masterful_gamer, February 22, 2004, 02:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterful_gamer

I'd like to put a 60/50hz switch and Jap/US switch into my Genesis Model 2, but i can't find the jumpers and most of the instructions i've found aren't all too detailed.  If anyone can help me out i'd be very grateful!
Thanks

Phraseblaster

masterful_gamer

Thanks for the link.  The 50/60hz switch works like a charm.  However, when i looked at the Jap/Eng portion of the walkthrough, i noticed that my board does not have a trace in that location.  However, it does have a trace on the set of 4 holes to the right by the "52".  What i'm wondering is if because i have an american unit and that one is not, should it be any different?  Should i cut the trace my board has?
I'm really worried that if i do it will stop working, after i almost broke it putting on the 50/60 switch...but all in the name of progess, right? :P

NFG

This is one of the reasons I don't do guides on gamesx.com - there are too many revisions and changes made to hardware, and I'd have to make a guide for each one.  Instead, the theory shown on my genesis2 import page will help you mod any system that uses the same chips (and that includes the megajet, nomad, gen2, wondermega2, laseractive...)

You'll have to use your brain, and for those of you who aren't used to it (Hello americans!) I apologize.  =)

Jasmin

I think you do because in that guide above thats a MegaDrive 2 not a Genesis. Im guessing though.

NFG

There's no difference between the MD2 and Gen2 except for the jumpers - and you'll have noticed those jumpers (And the settings thereof) are what we're discussing here.  

Jasmin

I think that the track is suposto be on the other side because thats how the game determines if its a genesis or megadrive. I know that programed in the game but that track is set the NTSC. The track that is on the Megadrive is on the other side wich is PAL. Think about it if everything is the same as in the genesis then why would one need to mod it except for the 60/50herz.  

masterful_gamer

ya, i used my big boy brain and figured out that the maker of the walkthrough labeled the mods wrong, and i got both of the mods to work beautifully.