Looking to purchase a x68000

Started by pmack, July 01, 2010, 01:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmack

Ideally it would be a XVI but send me a message if you have any other model. Thanks!

eidis

IMHO one of the best ways to obtain a good X68000 system is from Yahoo Auctions with the kind help of Japanese deputy services.

This link might come in handy as it compares the various deputy services and describes how they function.

http://mdl.livejournal.com/9953.html
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

pmack

Thanks Eidis. Yeah, judging by the respon se to this post (and the lack of computers even on eBay!) I think I will have to swallow the crazy fees these services charge... too bad.

NFG

When I lived in Japan I was selling X68000 units, and no one would buy them.  Two hundred bucks with keyboard and mouse was more than people were willing to pay, and I ended up with stacks and stacks of shit I couldn't make any money on.  Now it costs more in Japan than it did, and you're paying way, way more.  I have to confess I love a little schadenfreude when I see this.  Screw you for not buying it from ME.  ;)  

pmack

Lawrence
Man, too bad you didn't keep some of those around! Honestly, I think a lot of people in the US haven't really heard of x68000. I found out about it recently and been looking for a good one since then...

Anyway, if you know of any good deal please let me know...

Thanks

eidis

Lawrence

Do you still have some x68000 goodies for sale ? If yes, please drop me a pm. ACE-HD floppy drives are highly welcome. (even damaged units) ;)

Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

NFG

Nah, all the stuff i've got left I'm keeping (XVI and XVI Compact).

You want a Color Image Unit?  ;)

eidis

Well, not really. I have a Microvitec 14" CRT monitor which can handle 15khz - 31khz. I would love to fix my second floppy drive though :)

NFG

The color image unit is an input device, I think.  It's been so long I don't even remember, but it's a Sharp device...  Capture card?  Video overlay?  I don't know!  oops!

papa_november

I'm pretty sure it's a genlock. Their primary purpose was for overlaying graphics on live/taped video.