I seek SCART cables for my NEC VT-575 plus easy component question

Started by Matarick, June 11, 2010, 01:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matarick

Good evening,

I am in possession of an NEC VT-575 and I notice that it supports the ADP-SC1 SCART adapter in the manual.  Since I visit this website, I already have the Euro RGB cables for the PS2, Saturn and Dreamcast.  Sadly I could not find a "ADP-SC1" and wonder where can I get a compatible cable that ships to the USA?

I saw this Hama SCART to VGA cable but I am not sure if it would be compatible with my projector.  Shame I cannot ship that cable to the US though.

Also, I notice that NEC made a ADP-CV1 for component in but I wonder if that is a proprietary cable or I can order a similar VGA to Component cable from Monoprice?  Thank you all in advance.

cgm

The ADP-SC1 is a simple SCART to VGA adapter. The projector takes 15.75Khz RGB natively.

The ADP-CV1 may also be just a 3 RCA to VGA adapter, but it may also ground some of the extra pins on the VGA connector to tell the projector to switch to YPbPr, otherwise you can manually switch between RGB and YPbPr in the menus. The pinouts to correctly wire both cables is in the manual as well.

Matarick

Alright, I just ordered a female SCART coupler and a male to male SCART to VGA cable through eBay.  I just hope this works since it would be freaking awesome to use a portable RGB device :)  How ironic is that my EURO SCART cables would pay off even though I use an adapter to run them through an XRGB-2.