Hi, i finished today my new mod for my MD II : Led RGB with one switch

if someone is interrested for it here's the diagram:

Please unused vcc and gnd for the mod
You can use TTL and CMOS part to do it

:D

dadou

dadou

phreak97

thats a pretty cool mod. I cant help but wonder if you could have managed it without the logic gate in there though.
also, I find that blue tends to come out brighter on things liek that, you could possibly look into increasing the resistance on the blue cathode just to even them out.

nice work, thats 1 up on my snes dual colour led mod.

dadou

thx! yes for the blue one you can reduce the resistance for more brightness i was too lazy to do it  :P

no you need the gate because with the single switch you have the middle position (for USA) in this position you have all the time 0V and if i put the led it will iluminate all the time

what the gate do?

it does that when you have 5v on the left and right position the led of the USA switch on

phreak97

I didnt mean to make the blue even brighter, I meant blue seems to be naturally brighter, so dimming it would even them out. depends on the individual led though I guess.

yeah I know thats what the gate does, I just mean you could probably do it without using an ic of any kind, not that theres any particular gain to that, I just tend to favour mods which use basic electronics to perform a function.

something to think about is that those rgb leds are capable of producing any colour given the right mix of the three leds. without varying any resistances they are capable of 7 colours just with combinations.. you've got me thinking now, I might get one and have a play.. you could relatively easily have a different colour for each region on each refresh rate (6 different states), though the genesis only has four states.. the saturn might be a better candidate for what I'm thinking.

i wish I had more spare time

dadou

Quote from: phreak97 on June 23, 2010, 11:20:30 AM
I didnt mean to make the blue even brighter, I meant blue seems to be naturally brighter, so dimming it would even them out. depends on the individual led though I guess.

oops sorry i misunderstand  :-\

what do you mean by refresh state?

phreak97

50Hz or 60Hz.

to do something like that you would be easiest to use some logic gates like you've done

the megadrive's four states are:

english 50hz
english 60hz
japanese 50hz
japanese 60hz

admittedly only three of these states are useful, but thats what there is.

a saturn however has six:

europe 50hz
europe 60hz
usa 50hz
usa 60hz
japan 50hz
japan 60hz

the saturn actually has more than this but I think those three country codes enable playback of any game worldwide. iirc the other regions have minor differences but have the same security data, so you dont need the others to be selectable.