supplying extra needed voltage to total control plus (dreamcast version)

Started by bigsanta, January 17, 2010, 01:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsanta

This is the version,and if you read the replies,others have the same problem.

The box states
"As some psx dual shock compatible controllers require more than 5V power supply,a DC 9V power supply is required .the center point polarity of the Dc power supply plug must be negative"

Now ,if only if this joypad convertor actually had some place to plug one in,it would work ,but it doesn't .So, as i am using a ps2 logitech driving force ex with the convertor,it needs the extra power to work and the only way at the moment to get this is by plugging in the wheel's extra usb cable into the switched on ps2, which gets the wheel working perfectly with the dreamcast.

It's an easy work around to the convertor's omitted power socket,but having to keep a ps2 running aswell as my divers 2000 ,not happy,.So i am looking for a few methods to get this extra need power,it has to go through the usb cable ,but this route only gets what,5v maximum through the ps2 and the box is stating "9v dc  supply is needed"????

ulao

I'm having a bit of trouble following you but if you just want 9v, why not use a regulator or transistor, or do you not have enough current?

kendrick

9 volts DC with a negative tip? Sounds like you need a Megadrive/Genesis model 1 AC adapter. If the connector fits, it's exactly the power supply that the Total Control documentation describes.

Endymion

Looks like he will have to mod it in himself, as he said there is nowhere to plug in the power. Either that, or actually use the thing in conjunction with a PS2. Also stated in some comments/reviews of the product. Weird that they would notify you of this little requirement... then deny you the simple access to it this way.