Hello,

i´m new in this forum.
Hope you can help me with my problem.

I have the following setup:

LG 50PG7000 Plasma Tv
Kramer FC14
Pal PS2
US  SNES

For example I connected the SNES with a RGB Scartcable to a Scart/YUV Adapter (with separate Sync) and then with normal RCA Cables to the Kramer and from the Kramer to the Plasma TV.
When I switch on the SNES (with Mario Kart) I see the Nintendo Logo and for one second the start screen with a perfect picture.
The screen get dark and shows no signal.

Same problem with the PS2, I see the start menu(without a disc) clear and absolutly stabilized.But when I start a game or go to the system settings the screen get black and the TV shows no signal.

I think maybe a LM1881 or an Extron VSS100 is a solution.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks

Mike

RGB32E

Were you the person that purchased Tobias' FC-14?  ;)

The FC-14 does not strip sync from composite video.  Standard RGB SCART cables connect composite video to pin 20, not CSYNC.  So, yes, you'll need some sort of sync stripper (LM1881 circuit, VSS100, or equivalent) or cable modification to use the FC-14.

Note: Most all of the standard Extron RGB interfaces will NOT strip sync from a video signal.

FunkyMike

Yes, i´m this person. ;D

Do you have any experience with the Extron VSS100?
I like this small case instead of some soldered wires.

RGB32E

Quote from: FunkyMike on January 06, 2010, 05:35:27 PM
Yes, i´m this person. ;D

Do you have any experience with the Extron VSS100?
I like this small case instead of some soldered wires.

I have a VSS100 and have mentioned using them on this forum before.  If you happen to find a good price on a new kit, they come with a short BNC to BNC cable.  They are easy to use, connect signal to input and connect composite sync output to the FC-14.  There's the 12VDC power as well, of course!

I've tried out the FC-14 with the original playstation, and while it "worked" the top of the screen was actually towards the middle of the screen.  When I connected a VSS100 between the composite video from the PS and H/Composite Sync input on the FC-14, I got a stable/correct picture.  Hence, if you can get a good price for a VSS100, it will solve the issue of not feeding the FC-14 with actual sync signal.

For the US SNES, you could open the SNES cable and move the wire from position 9 to 3 to get CSYNC without the converter.  Though you risk damaging the FC-14 if you use the same cable on a PAL system, as it is +12VDC instead of CSYNC....  :o

FunkyMike

So I tried my US SNES and my japanese N64 , they work now.
I didn´t know that i have another RGB cable for them after picking the N64 out of a box(long time not used).
This cable works without modifiing ;-)
My jap. Neo Geo is also working but I have to add the capacitors and resistors.
The colors are not perfect.It´s slightly red.
But this not a problem to fix.
Then I try the other oldies.

I will try to get a new Extron for the Pal machines.
In the future i will add a DVDO Edge or XRGB3 to my setup.