Editing the Wiki

Started by NFG, November 26, 2009, 10:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

After a recent spate of vandalism on the wiki, I wondered: didn't I link the wiki with the forum so only forum users could edit the wiki?

Turns out I did: your account on the wiki uses the same login and pass as the forum.  What I didn't do was lock out the slobbering masses from editing, so griefers could still cause havoc. 

Well, I fixed that today.  No more anonymous editing.

RGB32E

Quote from: Lawrence on November 26, 2009, 10:33:14 PM
After a recent spate of vandalism on the wiki, I wondered: didn't I link the wiki with the forum so only forum users could edit the wiki?

Turns out I did: your account on the wiki uses the same login and pass as the forum.  What I didn't do was lock out the slobbering masses from editing, so griefers could still cause havoc. 

Well, I fixed that today.  No more anonymous editing.

I was the one that requested having you link this forum with the Wiki... I always wondered why anyone could edit the wiki... did you restore a backup?

NFG

No backup required, it was only a page or two every now and then.  Certainly not a flood, but annoying nonetheless.

RGB32E

WTF Lawrence!  I logged onto the Wiki and I don't have the option to edit anything!!!

NFG

NFG

OK, the problem is the SMF integration.  While I can assign a forum group that's allowed to edit the wiki, the post-count groups (which everyone is a part of) don't count.  I was able to find a code fix for this omission, but it doesn't work.

If I could only work out how to shift everyone with more than two posts into a new group, we'd be DONE, but I haven't worked that out yet.

With my apologies, I reckon this'll be sorted within 24 hours, but it ain't sorted yet.  =(

NFG

NFG

Update: I replaced the shitty, half-finished template with one someone else made.  It's so much better than before I want to cry, just a little.