Arcade Introductions - first topic yaay:D

Started by phreak97, November 12, 2009, 12:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

As a starter for the new arcade section, I think we should all post some of our own arcade projects, so we can get a feel for the kind of ideas people have, and what kind of things we have to look forward to:)
I'm on lunch now, but tonight I'll take some photos etc:)

NFG

How's about my Jamma harness?  Cheapest, ghetto harness evar:

phreak97

haha, aside from lacking integrated credit, start, test, and service buttons, its probably more useful than mine.. I went nuts and mounted everything in a nice box with a custom power supply and all, then realised that if anything protrudes past the jamma connector on the pcb I cant plug it in:P

RGB32E

Quote from: Lawrence on November 12, 2009, 01:43:22 PM
How's about my Jamma harness?  Cheapest, ghetto harness evar:

What, no wiring for -5VDC... no sound for you!  Must be for a MVS...  :-\  I've built one of those as well, in addition to the MAS Super Nova I got back in '98.

Hojo_Norem

I'l just leave this here...  ::)

I still need to get round to finishing the firmware for it and add rapid fire.
Formerly 'butter_pat_head'

RobIvy64

I bought a couple of Sega Astro City cabinets a few years ago. I am constantly tinkering with those things, but they are my pride and joy.
"Console Mods" lurker

Midori

I dare claim that my supergun is more ghetto than the one Lawerence has made ;-)

NFG

QuoteWhat, no wiring for -5VDC... no sound for you!  Must be for a MVS...
Actually, the only boards I own that require -5V are Ms PacMan and Robotron.  I think.  Maybe Donkey Kong too.  Most of the modern games are happy without it, including (off the top of my head) Capcom's CP* hardware, MVS as you mentioned, Twin Eagle, Dangun Feveron, Aero Blasters, Aurail, Raiden...

Quotedare claim that my supergun is more ghetto than the one Lawerence has made ;-)
I dunno, yours has switches and a joystick attached.  Mine has plugs. 

Actually you might win after all, that's some seriously ghetto wire you used.  =)

QuoteI bought a couple of Sega Astro City cabinets a few years ago.
I miss my Astro City.  =(

RobIvy64

Astros can be had for a disgustingly cheap price in Japan. In Alabama, the South Eastern US, not so much...
"Console Mods" lurker

NFG

Yeah, I paid CAD$1400 for my Astro City.  It paid for itself in my game store, but I don't really have the luxury of doing that again.  =(