Looking for information on the XsimmVI

Started by TheRogue, November 11, 2009, 01:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRogue

Hey, my X68000 XVI arrived today, and it came with an XsimmVI memory adapter already installed. Does anyone have any information on these, i.e. DIP switch settings and what sort of SIMMs it will take?  Right now it has a 2 meg 32 bit SIMM installed. Does the X68000 treat this as 2 or 4 megs of ram seeing as it is a 16 bit system. I seem to recall that the 68000 has a 32 bit address bus, so perhaps this will only be treated as 2 megs then? I would like to add the largest SIMM I can to this computer, but I believe I need DIP switch settings for that. Can anyone help?
Go up to your brother, kill him with your gun. Leave him lying in his uniform dying in the sun. War, it's never been so much fun.

papa_november

Bit width is not going to magically get you more or less space. Whenever the size of memory or storage is measured, 8-bit bytes are always used regardless of the host system.

This is probably all the info you're going to get. It's the first (actually the only) result on Google.

TheRogue

In the datasheet I have, it specifically specifies 2MWords of 32bits each word.  That's why I thought that. I saw that result, I also saw alot of others, I was just curious if anyone had the original paperwork or anything to tell me the dipswitch positions.  Thanks though I'll check that page again.
Go up to your brother, kill him with your gun. Leave him lying in his uniform dying in the sun. War, it's never been so much fun.

TheRogue

I think I might have got bad information, I now think that the ram I have is actually 8MB. It seems that 2 32-bit MWords actually comes out to 8MB, so I'm not sure, if anyone wants to correct me, the model number of the SIMM in there right now is THM322020ASG-70