News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

x68 game reviews

Started by guyjin, August 02, 2009, 07:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

Did a seacrch for x68k game reviews, and din't find any. So here's a thread for 'em.

this first one isn't mine, but it's from a forum I frequent.

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=7232.0

Magic Knight

Are you sure you couldn't find any reviews anywhere? I searched on Google for "X68000 review" and quite a few came up. Mind you, I find some of them quite poor, in that they sometimes don't know the machine well enough, or look at it from today's perspective. Or they go completely over the top about how wonderful the games are (usually compared to the Amiga) and lose all objectivity.

guyjin

Quote from: Magic Knight on August 02, 2009, 10:39:38 AM
Are you sure you couldn't find any reviews anywhere? I searched on Google for "X68000 review" and quite a few came up.

I meant here on this forum.

Magic Knight

Oh ok, I see what you mean.

NFG

So...  You were looking for reviews on this forum, didn't find many, and decided to help out by linking to a review on another forum?  How does that work, exactly?  =D

The problem with X68 games is that the majority of them are ports.  There's not much to review, instead you're just comparing the X68 version to another one.  The RType link you provided is a good example, and the Galaga '88 review on this site is another: just comparisons.

I suppose there's a good reason to have a list of comparison/reviews...  Maybe a subforum is in order!