SNES RGB Cables for sale?

Started by zedrein, May 13, 2009, 07:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedrein

With the Commodore DIN-6 Connector at the end? I am just dog tired of trying and failing to make a cable, so if any of you have one for sell (that functions properly, of course) I'd love to negotiate.

Pictures would be a plus so I know what I'm purchasing.

Thanks for your time.

Jibbajaba

Quote from: zedrein on May 13, 2009, 07:03:18 AM
With the Commodore DIN-6 Connector at the end? I am just dog tired of trying and failing to make a cable, so if any of you have one for sell (that functions properly, of course) I'd love to negotiate.

Pictures would be a plus so I know what I'm purchasing.

Thanks for your time.

Have you teied buying an RGB SCART cable off of eBay and just cutting off the SCART end and adding whatever connector it is that you need?  That's how I made all of my RGB cables and they work great.

Chris

zedrein

Why yes I have, Jibbajaba, and have failed miserably in the process. I have been to both ncsx.com and Redmond cables site and neither of them make custom RGB cables any longer. I not only am trying to find a functioning RGB cable for my SNES, but one that is well-shielded and aesthetically pleasing. Thanks for anyone that can help.

Jibbajaba

Well I got mine from a seller on eBay called "pcenginesales".  The cable works great.  I just took off the SCART end and added my own (I use 15 pin d-sub connectors), and it works great.  I'm not sure what you are doing that's causing you problems, but I'll be happy to help you with any questions that you might have.  There is no reason why you would need to have someone make the cable for you.

Chris

zedrein

Quote from: Jibbajaba on May 14, 2009, 07:45:57 AM
Well I got mine from a seller on eBay called "pcenginesales".  The cable works great.  I just took off the SCART end and added my own (I use 15 pin d-sub connectors), and it works great.  I'm not sure what you are doing that's causing you problems, but I'll be happy to help you with any questions that you might have.  There is no reason why you would need to have someone make the cable for you.

Chris

*slaps forehead* My goodness! All that I have to do is simply purchase a SNES RGB SCART cable, lop off the 21-pin connector, replace it with whatever my monitor requires making sure to obtain a sync signal by building a circuit that separates the 15 khz sync signal from the NTSC video information and then bring out the audio via rca?! I'll get right on that!

But if anyone has a spare one already lying around that is in workable condition, I'd surely like to know.

Thanks for your precious time,

Russell S

NFG

Quote from: zedrein on May 14, 2009, 01:58:44 PM*slaps forehead* My goodness!
No need for the sarcasm.  This site is all about making your own cables, that someone suggested you do exactly that is not something we discourage.

Jibbajaba

I was trying to help you out.  Most SNES RGB cables already have audio outs on them.  As Lawrence pointed out, the whole point of this site is to help people build their own cables. 

Chris

[Edited by NFG: not realy any need to continue, the point was well made. ]

Endymion

Quote from: zedrein on May 14, 2009, 01:58:44 PM
*slaps forehead* My goodness! All that I have to do is simply purchase a SNES RGB SCART cable, lop off the 21-pin connector, replace it with whatever my monitor requires making sure to obtain a sync signal by building a circuit that separates the 15 khz sync signal from the NTSC video information and then bring out the audio via rca?! I'll get right on that!

You should do this. It is honestly a great deal easier than you are making it sound. In fact the only person you are really convincing of this is yourself. Don't be so negative. All you need to do is connect the dots here. I know you think you can't do it, having botched your attempt before, but I also know that you can in fact do it.

zedrein

Quote from: Jibbajaba on May 14, 2009, 05:39:43 PM
I was trying to help you out.  Most SNES RGB cables already have audio outs on them.  As Lawrence pointed out, the whole point of this site is to help people build their own cables. 

Chris

Quite honestly I've never been able to find a SNES RGB cable with the audio portion already brought out. If you know where I can find one, however, I will have been proven wrong.

Endymion

Use a switchbox, like this one. If you mod the scart cable on this you won't have to mod your individual cables again. There is plenty of room inside if you need a small circuit and the buttons break the connection so if you keep multiple cables plugged up there is no signal degradation. Audio breaks out as you need it. This is a doable thing and it's doable by you. You are the best person to test your equipment, that's only part of the reason that you are the best person to make your own equipment.

RGB32E

Alternatively... take two composite AV cables, open the snes connector of both, remove cabling from one cable.... insert into the other... move composite video to CSYNC pin (NTSC only) and viola, beefy coaxial RGB cable with audio split out!  ;)

Jibbajaba

Quote from: zedrein on May 15, 2009, 09:17:51 AM
Quote from: Jibbajaba on May 14, 2009, 05:39:43 PM

Chris

Quite honestly I've never been able to find a SNES RGB cable with the audio portion already brought out. If you know where I can find one, however, I will have been proven wrong.

I bought mine off of eBay and it has composite and stereo outs in the middle of the cable.  I just checked eBay and saw some for sale but the seller is away.  Not that I particularly care to help you anymore, but I bought mine from seller "pcenginesales", who you can e-mail to inquire about buying one.

Chris

Jibbajaba

eBay link

There you go.  SNES RGB cable with separate audio outs.  You just need to remove the resistors and add caps.  Or just lop off the SCART end and build your own connector.

Chris

zedrein

Quote from: Jibbajaba on May 20, 2009, 09:34:53 AM

There you go.  SNES RGB cable with separate audio outs.  You just need to remove the resistors and add caps.  Or just lop off the SCART end and build your own connector.

Chris

Thanks! I suppose you think I'm a real jerk, don't you?

btw: what currency is "GBP"?

NFG

Quote from: zedrein on May 20, 2009, 09:46:45 AMbtw: what currency is "GBP"?

Wow, seriously.  A google for "GBP" immediately revealed it was Great Britain Pound, the currency of Britain, and in fact the whole of the UK.

Pleeeeeeeeeease try and solve these puzzles yourself before asking.  =)

Jibbajaba

Quote from: zedrein on May 20, 2009, 09:46:45 AM
Quote from: Jibbajaba on May 20, 2009, 09:34:53 AM

Chris
Thanks! I suppose you think I'm a real jerk, don't you?

And yet I still try to be helpful.

Chris