game gear screen problem

Started by berzerker1984, May 05, 2009, 03:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berzerker1984

well ive just joined this site i found my game gear i turned it on with my sega charger or av adaptor what ever you what to call it. the power light comes on but the screen is just like a grey and blank with no sound.... i put the game in and it did that. any help would be very much appreciated as im a novice to fixing game gears cheers

kendrick

Welcome to GamesX. In a nutshell, Game Gears were built with bad capacitors. In order to repair the problem you're observing you need to replace all of the electrolytic printed circuit board (PCB) mounted capacitor units. I invite you to search on the forum for previous posts on this topic.

berzerker1984

well ive looked ive figured out... my contrast was up down so it made screen black.  the thing is i put contrast up so i can see game and it cuts out and it also cuts out when i push the start button and theres no sound..... so i have to replace every cap yes? is this a hard job? how many caps are there to replace please and do you know a site i can order them from? much thanx

kendrick

Please use the search function to view previous posts on this same topic. Here's a freebie to get you started.

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=2753.0