News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

internal ram

Started by andystach, February 22, 2009, 10:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andystach

I just got a sega cdx and want to clear the internal ram on it, can't figure it out,
any help would be great

kendrick

Welcome to GamesX. Before I reply, as the moderator I need to mention that GamesX isn't really set up for general game hardware questions like this. We're primarily focused on modification and repair. I'd like to suggest that you take a question of this type to the official Sega forums, or to another general interest website.

Now then. Accessing the memory feature is described on page 25 of the Sega CDX manual. The trick is that the memory function does not appear on the control panel menu unless a game is inserted. Probably the easiest way to get there is to boot the CDX with no game, hit a button to get to the menu, then insert a game so that the CD and Memory buttons are displayed. That way, you can get to the control panel without the game booting first. Hope that helps you out.

Tiido Priimägi

...OR you open up the CDX, find the battery and short it for a second. If you're successful, the contents of the RAM are wiped and battery did not sustain any meaningful damage ;)
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)

l_oliveira

If I am not wrong if you turn it on with a disc in and hold the "A" button it will go straight to the ROM menu... Oh and this work with the SEGA SATURN too .... :)