Strange Saturn import mode behaviour

Started by Fix_Metal, January 21, 2009, 07:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fix_Metal

I have re-done the import mod on my PAL Saturn 21pin, because I noticed solders were poor and badly done.
I get a strange behaviour when putting the ON-OFF-ON switch on what should be the PAL (Europe) position: if I go into System Settings menu, in the right corner there's "NTSC-1-V1.01a" written. It should be "PAL" something...
I checked voltages onto jumpers; they are right (as GamesX wiki says) for PAL Europe thing.

Any ideas?

p.s. I used the mmmonkey mod version

taxititan

Quote from: Fix_Metal on January 21, 2009, 07:02:48 AM
I have re-done the import mod on my PAL Saturn 21pin, because I noticed solders were poor and badly done.
I get a strange behaviour when putting the ON-OFF-ON switch on what should be the PAL (Europe) position: if I go into System Settings menu, in the right corner there's "NTSC-1-V1.01a" written. It should be "PAL" something...
I checked voltages onto jumpers; they are right (as GamesX wiki says) for PAL Europe thing.

Any ideas?

p.s. I used the mmmonkey mod version

I have have the same thing.
Even if I boot it in 50hz mode?

Kirurishii

There's this part where you need to remove the links between a few jumpers, are you sure you removed the right ones? I also had this problem once, and there I found out I removed the wrong jumpers. There are a few Saturns that look alike, but are still slightly different, it's easy to mix them up accidently.