News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

N64 MOD

Started by BernieM, January 19, 2009, 07:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernieM

Hey Guys, I'm new to modding but really want to get into it, I was hoping you guys can give me some suggestions on where to get started on my old N64 or GC

kendrick

Welcome to GamesX. What is it exactly you want to do to the consoles? If you have a specific goal in mind (like region hacking and overclocking) then it'll be easier to make suggestions.

BernieM

Well i was hoping to work with the Nintendo 64 or Gamecube. As for what i want to do i would like to maybe change its appearance and possibly overclock it?

Eggy

if you are able to solder a cable to a pin of an smd chip, overclocking the n64 is quite easy. depending on what pins are connected with 3.3 v and ground, you can overclock it to 125 mhz(old models) or even 183 mhz(new colored models only). but then you probably also need to put a new cooler on the heatsink.

horror77

Do you have diagrams/schematics for the overclocking? A write up? Does the pokemon system compare to the newer consoles that can be overclocked a bunch as well? thanks all!

Link83

Id be interested to know what the actual CPU revisions were and there maximum overclock speeds if anyone knows?
Each CPU is usually coded like 'CPU-NUS' or 'CPU-NUS A' to denote the revision. I think it would be better than just relying on the colors of the case to know if its earlier or later :)