Need help finding source for chip or suitable replacement.

Started by ken_cinder, January 16, 2009, 02:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ken_cinder

I have four Sanyo LC321664AM-80 DRAM chips I need to replace. Finding a place to buy them has been a freaking nightmare.

Any other chip I can use that would be a suitable replacement?

Chip desc: 1MEG (65536words X 16bit) DRAM Fast Page Mode, Byte Write

A datasheet can be found here

Tiido Priimägi

Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)

ken_cinder

Tiido Priimägi

ken_cinder

Tell that to Ebay, I'd rather buy a new F3 motherboard than spend 50-75% of the cost of one on the POS that is the 32X just for those chips. (It would seem most are selling for around $30-$40)

Tiido Priimägi

They're so expensive now ? wow.... last time I checked US 32X cost nothing, especially without cables...

ken_cinder

I'm going to have a look at pawn shops around here, but usually even they don't hang on to stuff that old, and they almost always ask more than it's worth.

For instance, Gamecube's were $109 NEW (With 1 game, I forget which) just before the Wii came out, the biggest pawn shop around here, was asking $99 for a used system with no game.

Fix_Metal

If it can be of any help, I've got a Sanyo LC331632M-12 just desoldered from a MD2 board.

ken_cinder

Thanks but that is not only bank incompatible, but pin too.

Fix_Metal

NeWmAn

IJTF_Cinder:
Try to contact user "channelmaniac" on the NEO-GEO.com forum. He does game PCBs repairs, maybe he can help you with the parts you need.
He also owns this webpage: http://www.arcadecomponents.com.

ken_cinder

That's hilarious, I'm already in talks with him to trade the F3 for a 1 slot MVS.
He has a better chance of repairing it than I do, and he's aware of it's problem it has. He's very interested in my F3.

He wants an F3, I want a Neo Geo......looks to be a good thing. Just waiting to hear back from him about supplying me with a cart to go with it, as he only has 4 for his test bench right now. Told him I'd take anything with it, just so I can use it when I get it.