RGB 8 pin mini-DIN scart box

Started by atreyu187, October 30, 2008, 01:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atreyu187

So I am trying to get a RGB mod done to a Turbo Grafx and I need to obtain a 8 pin mini-DIN scart cable. Well while i know where to get these for a hefty price I am kinda looking for something like this box in this Ebay auction and I was hoping someone could help me locate one or know how to amke one as I am not sure this is even an official Sony product. Never had to fuss with this as every other deck I use has RGB out of the box and it is pissing me off ATM. I just want this box because if I use it I don't have to run audio jacks as well since it is built in to this box. My scart to component adapter only does video and not audio and I am trying to avoid hacking up my case and installing external jacks as it is in awesome shape. I even had the region switch installed under the cd lid so you can't see that. So if anyone knows where to get a 8 pin mini-DIN scart box with standard a/v wires as well please let me know, or if you can build one or even have specs on how to do so would be great. Thanks for your help as I don't know where to ask about this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEC-PC-Engine-DUO-R-RGB-Connectable-Model-3g-New-Lens_W0QQitemZ190262277002QQihZ009QQcategoryZ139971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

NeWmAn

That's not an official Sony product, it has been modded because the originals have the usual Sony proprietary plug, not a DIN.

QuoteMy scart to component adapter only does video and not audio and I am trying to avoid hacking up my case and installing external jacks as it is in awesome shape.
Why don't you add the jacks into your SCART to component adapter instead? As an alternative you can mod a third party PS1/2/3 SCART cable, the cheap ones have RCA sockets for Audio and Video.

BTW. the difficult part to find will be the 8 pin PCB-mount DIN socket :P

atreyu187

Ok I got a setup I guess I will be using as I just custom ordered a 8 pin DIN scart cable configured to my setup and I am going to do a set of a/v jacks out the back or see if I can add sound to my component video box. Thanks!!!

EDIT

I got a set of scart cables custom made for all my consoles that have standard audio jacks that are in the wire so I can just plug it directly into my TV. Thanks!!!