360 ELITE CONNECT TO SONY TRINITRON PVM2950Q????????

Started by johnnyrack, October 25, 2008, 03:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyrack

DOES ANY KNOW IF I CAN HOOK UP A 360 TO A SONY TRINITRON PVM2950Q ?????

kendrick

Why wouldn't you? The Xbox output conforms to NTSC and/or PAL specifications. Sony's TV can't tell if a competitor's video game console is connected. Was that your worry? I have two original Xbox units a a 360 connected to a Wega, and it all runs fine.

ken_cinder

The Sony PVM2950Q is an industrial monitor Kendrick, that's why. It's intended purpose is medical applications.

I'd bet it's only inputs are probably BNC and nothing else. I didn't look too hard to find out though, maybe it has VGA/DVI as well or else.

In all likelyhood though johnnyrack, the answer is yes. It may not be direct and simple, but if you can wire an appropriate cable, then you can certainly hook it up. Or buy one if it's something like VGA/DVI.

Edit: This page lists what it accepts, but I don't see any list of actual connectors types.

http://www.medicalvideoproducts.com/Monitors/PVM2950QF.htm

kendrick

Thanks for the info, Cinder, I wasn't aware that this was a specialized piece of equipment. Even so, the spec sheet you cite above indicates that the monitor accepts NTSC connections over composite or component signalling, so I think Johnny is on the spot. Or something.

RGB32E

Quote from: johnnyrack on October 25, 2008, 03:35:54 AM
DOES ANY KNOW IF I CAN HOOK UP A 360 TO A SONY TRINITRON PVM2950Q ?????

Manual for this video monitor (Sony's site):
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/PVM2950Q.PDF

The PVM-2950Q is not a "specialized piece of equipment."  Many of the PVM monitors have "medical" versions, which appears to only have to do with cosmeditcs (e.g. gray/white plastic instead of dark grey/black).  Looks like Cinder found the (F) version...  :-X

The PVM-2950Q has 3 inputs.  The first two, Line 1 and 2 are shared composite and s-video.  The third (Line 3) is shared component/RGB.  This monitor does not accept VGA or above (interlaced).  The monitor can also accept PAL.

Hence, if you want to make the best connection to a 360, use a component video cable with RCA to BNC adapters on the 3 video plugs and connect them to the appropirate inputs on the third input...  You'll also need to set the switch on the component video cable plug to SD/480i (connector that plugs into the 360).

Attachment for kendrick and Cinder...  :P