genesis 2/3 external s-video

Started by Drakon, September 27, 2008, 11:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakon

yeah I got sick of fuzzy genesis composite video quality.  Then I found out that both my genesis consoles have the chip that doesn't generate s-video.  And my tv doesn't have rgb.  So I bought the cheapest rgb to s-video converter I could find

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arcade-RGB-CGA-to-TV-and-Video-Composite-converter-NEW_W0QQitemZ310085207691QQihZ021QQcategoryZ13718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

then I built a case for it

did a bit of fun wiring

and here's the difference

so I think I paid around 50$ for all the parts and crap needed to built this device.  But the great part is I didn't have to do any internal modification to my genesis.  I think it's worth the money, and I suggest it to people like me who're happy with s-video.

*edit* time for a couple of updates (I don't think anybody cares but whatever).

of course we need to see how nice this little thing makes sonic look

And I figured "....why have this thing hard wired into my genesis only when I could have it work for any system?"

so it's now been scartatized, mark II lol

so now I just buy a scart cable for whatever system I desire that doesn't internally generate s-video (master system, neo geo) And don't have to do anymore wiring.  Only thing is on most systems I have to rewire the scart composite video directly into the sync pin on the console.  Not that hard.  Not like I'm going to miss composite video anyway.