Help with PCE SCART RGB mod

Started by Cal, September 22, 2003, 09:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal

I've modded my Core Grafx according to the guide on the site. I've come as far as to have perfect stero sound, nice stable colours but a rolling picture. Sounds like a sync problem, but the composite video/sync is connected to pin 20 at the scart end and to pin 22 on the Core Grafx exp. port. I'm at a total loss as to what could be causing this. My tv has worked perfectly with all 60hz games on modded PAL consoles and with a US Dreamcast. Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

I should maybe add that I'm in Europe, but like i said, my TV doesn't normally have any problems with 60hz games, be they Japanese or U.S. That said, it IS the first time I've tried to hook up a Japanese region console to it, but as far as I know, that shouldn't have any bearing on rolling pictures.

benzaldehyde

Hi Cal,

I don't think it's a problem with your television. Apparently, the TG16 or Coregrafx outputs pretty grizzly CVBS on pin 22, which is where I wired the sync signal for my own mod. I read here:

http://joyce.eng.yale.edu/~bt/turbo/files/.../pce.video.hack

that you should short the CVBS signal through a 0.1microF cap to ground to get a useable picture. I haven't tried this myself though. However, when this signal (not useable as CVBS) is run through an LM1881, a perfect sync signal is generated. Hope this helps. Also, the main website of the aforementioned FAQ has much information on the TG16/PCE. Look around; you're answer may be there.

Cal

Thanks for the reply :)

I found out what the problem was ... wrong pinout numbers on the site :P compare the pinout # for composite video/sync with the photo of the CoreGrafx and you'll see.

NFG

An error on my site?  Preposterous!  Where!?