News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Edit button

Started by l_oliveira, April 25, 2008, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l_oliveira

For some reason I'm unable to edit my posts. There is a green bar on the top of the screen with a "loading" text in it but the browser (IE7) complains about javascript errors.  Firefox 2.0.0.14 does nothing but sit on the screen with the green bar.

I don't know if this is the proper subforum for posting this but here I go ...

blackevilweredragon

let me see if i can edit...

EDIT:  Yep..

NFG

This forum doesn't use javascript for editing.  When you click the modify button it takes you to a new page.  I don't know where you're seeing the loading bar...  Can you elaborate?  A screenshot maybe?

I use Opera and I also have IE7 installed.  Both work just fine.  =/

ken_cinder

I use Firefox 2.0.0.14 as well, and I don't see what you describe at all. Are you using any sort of extensions that could interfere with cookies or any other relevant client<>server data?

blackevilweredragon

Quote from: Lawrence on April 25, 2008, 11:37:38 AM
This forum doesn't use javascript for editing.  When you click the modify button it takes you to a new page.  I don't know where you're seeing the loading bar...  Can you elaborate?  A screenshot maybe?

I use Opera and I also have IE7 installed.  Both work just fine.  =/
While editing doesn't use Javascript, this forum does use it though.

It uses it for the themes.  When I view source, I can see the Javascripting for the themes.

Maybe that's where his errors are coming from, not related to the editing, but the theme scripts.

NFG

Why are you getting errors with IE7 and I'm not?  Weird.

kendrick

Assuming that you're running Windows if you're making attempts with IE7? I had a similar problem with the previous version of the page, where my ISP was attempting to insert ads into pages that I visited frequently. Their interception code wasn't compatible with the PHP board, so I had to go and block the address where the ads were coming from. After rebooting and opening only GamesX, run the 'netstat' command at a prompt window to see what web connections are open. You might be surprised to see what you're connecting too.

l_oliveira

this is how it looks like:

blackevilweredragon

well that's not from this forum.

hmm, whats in your addon's spot?  sounds like you either added something, or got spyware.

l_oliveira

Funny... 
I disabled all ADDons on Firefox. And IE7 doing the same thing is staggering........

blackevilweredragon

And yet we've never seen this bar.  :P

I think you might have spyware.

Download adaware and spybot and run them.

l_oliveira

Then today I decided to look on the page source code and found the "Loading..." thing in it.

It's something the board generates automatically and maybe it flashes so fast most people don't ever notice it.
The problem with me is still happening and it has nothing to do with my OS/Browser. I can't say anything about my connection though as it's up to my ISP and they're crappy/cheap bastards who don't give a shit about their service quality.

I still can't edit my own posts.

NFG

Sorry man, I dunno what to do to fix your problem.  I see the code you're looking at...

The only thing I can suggest is trying a proxy server to see if that helps, or checking to see if you've got any browser plugins or anti-virus/security products installed that might be mucking with the ajax...