Help finding RGB/composite!

Started by trstn12, January 04, 2008, 09:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trstn12

I just got a couple new screens which I can't seem to find pinout charts for, and I'm just wondering how one would find the RGB or composite line.  Do each RGB or composite have a specific voltage I could use a multimeter to find? or do I just need to use the trial and error method?  ANY help would be very very appriciated.  On another note, how would I find a ground line?

thanks!

kendrick

What kind of screens have you got? Please post model numbers or part numbers, in case one of us has previous experience with that particular unit. You might also be able to use your favorite search engine to get white papers or other specification sheets directly from the manufacturer. These are usually given in PDF format.

Note that many LCD screens do not have a built-in encoder. As such, they don't accept RGB, luma/chroma or composite signals but expect a digital input. If you're looking at a large number of contacts on a ribbon cable rather than one, two, or three distinct RCA or BNC connectors, this is probably the case and you'll have to find an encoder chip to go with the screen in order to connect it to game console output.