NES AV cable pinout

Started by ZDragon, July 14, 2007, 02:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZDragon

Hiya people,
I just got my hands on a french NES that my girlfriend's dad had lying around. Everything seems to be complete and I'm happy about that, but the AV cable is missing... because I dont think it's very likely to be able to find just that cable in any shop, I'd be interested in an AV cable pinout to build my own cable. Sadly I can't find any of those over Google or in the Wiki here - there's lots of stuff for all other Nintendo consoles, but just not for the NES :/

Does anyone know where I could find such a pinout, or however else I might be able to find out which of the pins inside the connector on the back of the NES is what output? Or do you know any alternatives on how else to get this NES working?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

viletim

This connector is probably unique to the french NES. If you don't get an answer here you might try asking your question on a french board.

NFG

Someone once sent me this pinout but the details are lost in the archives, sorry.

FWIW, it uses the same connector as a Famicom Disk Drive, a 10-pin two-row connector unique to Nintendo.