News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

32X died?

Started by blackevilweredragon, June 23, 2007, 09:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackevilweredragon

I have the JROK hooked up to my 32X, and when I turned on my 32X today, the TV said "COMPONENT 1 - DETECTING" for the longest time, then said "COMPONENT 1 - 480i", like it should, but the picture was all black, with even darker black streaks across the screen...

I tried Composite video, the official AV cable, and the TV just says "AV1 - NO SIGNAL"..  What's going on?  The Sega Genesis and CD turn on, I can hear the music through the headphone port, but the 32X does not play anything...  Plugging the cables directly into the Genesis give me a perfect picture...

kendrick

Hold up. Do you get normal composite signal out of the 32x if you connect it with the normal cable or an RF switch? You should establish that the 32x has any sort of output at all. From your description, it sounds like the fault is isolated strictly in the 32x and not in the RGB convertor.

It's pretty common for cables to come loose inside the 32x. There's a ribbon cable that pops loose that sends bus data from the cart slot, and some of the video connectors have the same level of impermanence. I'm sure it would be easy enough to pop open and check.

-KKC

blackevilweredragon

QuoteHold up. Do you get normal composite signal out of the 32x if you connect it with the normal cable or an RF switch? You should establish that the 32x has any sort of output at all. From your description, it sounds like the fault is isolated strictly in the 32x and not in the RGB convertor.

It's pretty common for cables to come loose inside the 32x. There's a ribbon cable that pops loose that sends bus data from the cart slot, and some of the video connectors have the same level of impermanence. I'm sure it would be easy enough to pop open and check.

-KKC
nothing comes out of the 32Xs video output, Genny output is perfectly fine..

The ribbons shouldn't be an issue, I removed those long ago and made a better permanent solution ;)

Actually, the 32X don't even get warm at all, it's like it's staying off taking a day off...

blackevilweredragon

Oh I feel like such an idiot!  The wall-wart power supply fell out of the outlet behind the entertainment system, thus giving the 32X no power..

Richter X

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: !

blackevilweredragon

it's not funny!  :P  I never make this mistake!  LOL