Why is every-thing sooo green?

Started by Bootman, September 18, 2003, 08:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bootman

Just got a RGB modded GameCube cable from goldenshop.com.hk and everything is all green, with perhaps a bit of blue.  I have re-soldered the red, green and blue lines to the HD15 D-Sub to no avail.  I will be able to test another display device on Friday evening. (Perhaps my projector's input is bad, really only use the EVC connection.)  Has anyone seen green before?

NFG

What you've got is an RGB cable that's not in RGB mode.  You need to solder pin one of the chip inside to ground (IIRC) or it'll be in Component mode, and all you'll see is green.

Bootman

QuoteWhat you've got is an RGB cable that's not in RGB mode.  You need to solder pin one of the chip inside to ground (IIRC) or it'll be in Component mode, and all you'll see is green.
Looks like goldenshop.com.hk botched both ends of my cable.  I would have returned it but I am sure the shipping costs would have made it pointless.

Anyway,  I opened it up and found some itty-bitty bit with 103 stamped on it.  Removed it and installed a 10k resister from Rat Shack.  The cable now works on my 21" KDS monitor but my Infocus LP530 does not want to pickup the signal.  One step forward, one step back.

Perhaps my little bother broke the input while I was in Bora Bora for two weeks but I cannot see how he could have.  I guess I'll have to test that now.

After I get that working I am thinking about making a BNC version just for shits and giggles.